Wednesday 11 June 2008

Profound Thoughts 002 – Church

I went to church twice on Sunday. Let me tell you about both times.

First, I played soccer with some new friends from Grand Rapids. It was intense and we sweated and I could not breath, but it was great. This is a very postmodern hip thing to call church, trust me. It is how we think outside the box and do not become trapped by church as a meeting with songs and prayer and teaching.

After Soccer-church I went to a meeting with songs and prayer and teaching. It was my first physical visit to Mars Hill Bible Church
. It made me think… a lot. Brilliant!

But hang on. I just described two events and called them both church. They are different events so are they two different churches? That does not work; there is only one church! Maybe on Sunday I actually did only go to church once… for twenty-four hours!

Aaaaahhhhh… now we’re getting suitably hip!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah gutted, i just left you a long message but then deleted the whole flipping thing. Nooooo!

So yeah, "soccer"! classic.
Glad you are enjoying everything there. Let me know how MarsHill is and stuff. If you get to meet the guys from Flannel who make the Nooma things I'll be a happy man.

I'm following your blog each post. Keep them coming. It has inspired me to keep my own blog up to date....not that I am doing that yet. So yeah, keep up the good work.

PS: I slept in your bed 2 weeks ago... I wore your lucky pyjamas too. They weren't so lucky!
Adam.

Anonymous said...

Ha, you cheeky little joker!
Hey, I'm reading your blog every now and then... im not stalking you or anything but yeah! Go for it man. It's cool what you are doing. Let me know how it is a MarsHill.

You can add my blog if you like, not that I update it much!! adamgf.wordpress.com

PS: I slept in your bed 2 weeks ago... i didn't fart or anything.